It’s Friday. That means we post that list thing again. It’ll grow on you.
1. The Shadow – Done badly this can look suspiciously like a bit of pubescent bum fluff. Done well it can be very stylish, best demonstrated in J D Samson’s Butch calendar.
2. Alice B. Toklas ‘tache -- I can never decide if this was a sartorial choice or if she was too busy baking hash brownies and herding author’s wives into the back room for tea and cake while Stein held court. Either way this facial hair deserves its own autobiography.
3. The Twirl – A favourite of hipsters, this is the new individual facial furniture to have. Come on, all the individuals are doing it. Best paired with a monocle you got from a charity shop we wouldn’t have heard about.
4. The Square – Chaplin wore it as a joke. Hitler wore it as a…mascot? Power source? We’ll never know. I’m with Richard Herring, it’s time to reclaim this. You first.
5. Ginger moustaches -- Your ginger will out.
Leave a Reply.