In the US they’ve been Halloweening it up for a while now, here in the UK we've been biding our time for Halloween weekend. How sober of us. Personally I have a rule that costumes must be homemade. However if you want to hire a costume here are some ideas that are TOTALLY Halloween themed. You would think the rule would be ‘You can be anything you want, just make it dead’ but it appears the rule is actually ‘you can be anything you want, just make it sexy.’
1. “Oh, hello. I’m a scary spider! WOOO! No, kidding. It’s me! Grace! In a spider costume that doesn’t even have 6 legs let alone 8! HAHA fooled you. Man you were easy to fool”
2. The Anna Rexia costume was in the news recently when a store in NYC, Ricky’s, was forced to withdraw it from sale. However a quick google shows you are still in with a chance of making fun of people with eating disorders this Halloween. You'll have everyone in stitches I'm sure.
3. Miss Krueger, here’s the thing that baffles me, if you’re such a fan of the Nightmare on Elm Street films…why not either drag it up and be warm or dress up as one of the other characters? I'm pretty sure Freddy never bares his midriff.
4. Are ladybirds frightening? Is there a widespread ladybird phobia I don’t know about? Because come Halloween I keep seeing grown women dressed as either a bee or a ladybird, ooh biodiversity! I fear you!
5. WHAT have I said about verisimilitude when it comes to costumes? Oh yeah Marie Antoinette, for ease of movement and not to get her legs out, anticipated the mini skirt by 200 years.